Versatile Blogger Award
I’m delighted to announce that Style Connect Au has done me the honor of including Moi Contre La Vie in her Versatile Blogger Award list. It’s such a compliment to be included and I’m thrilled to participate in nominating some others for this award so that I can share a handful of the blogs that I’ve recently discovered with you.
The guidelines for this game are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link back
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Pass this on to 10 newly discovered blogs and let them know they’ve received the award
Here are 7 things you may not know about me:
- I’ve lived in six cities: Los Gatos, Morristown, Sacramento, Berkeley, Rome & San Francisco.
- I was a springboard diver in high school and college.
- Over the years I’ve studied Spanish, Italian, French, Greek, and Latin.
- My first exposure to fashion was when I lived in Rome, I was a tomboy when I moved to Italy and came back with perfume, high heels, purses, and a brand new suitcase big enough for a person to fit in it, stuffed full of clothes. I still have some of them!
- When I left Berkeley I wanted to go straight to graduate school to get my PhD but my mom talked me into giving the working world a try, and my little detour has lasted 6 years. So far.
- I’ve always wanted to be a writer and I’ve started dozens of novels since I was a teenager.
- I’m hopeless, and I mean hopeless, when it comes to technology. Computers turn off when they see me coming & phones run away screaming. I’m still in awe that I’ve somehow managed to start a blog. 🙂
And in true chain-email style I’m nominating the following 10 fashion blogs for my Versatile Blogger award:
[1.] Altamira: Models Off Duty is one of the best resources for street style photographs of models that I’ve ever found. Photographer Craig Arend always gets the best pictures – everything from the girls rushing from show-to-show during Fashion Week to candid backstage shots to random encounters on the street.
[2.] Cristina’s Blog (formerly known as My Dress, My High Heels, My Style) – If you want beautiful, up-to-date pictures of celebs on the red carpet and fashion trends this is the site for you. It has a clean, user-friendly layout and is updated frequently. No muss, no fuss.
[3.] Who Do I Wear? Is a Tumblr-style blog full of street style snaps from all different kinds of blogs. It’s a truly great collection of pictures and I’m inspired to up my game style-wise whenever I take a peak at the site.
[4.] I follow Liz Cherkasova from Late Afternoon on Twitter as well as subscribe to her blog. Not only does she post gorgeous daily outfits that inspire me to get out of my comfort zone, she also shares gorgeous photos of Southern California, floral arrangements she puts together, and fun events, photo shoots, store openings, dinners and line launches that she attends.
[5.] I recently discovered Sincerely Jules and was blown away by her originality. From her ombre hair to her funky, fun mix n’ match outfits to her quirky and covetable accessories, she’s truly one of a kind in the blogging world.
[6.] Swiss blogger Kristina Bazan’s site Kayture is where she shares her daily looks, photographed by her boyfriend. Her personal style is fun and well-put together, and has a great international flavor to it.
[7.] Photographer Vanessa Jackman has a great eponymous-titled street style blog where she shares pictures that she’s taken all over the world. I loved her coverage of the Fall 2012 fashion weeks, she did a wonderful job capturing models, editors, and bloggers in New York and Paris.
[8.] Ring My Bell is where actress & fashion blogger Ashley Madekwe shares shots of the colorful and fun outfits that she puts together, usually a couple of times a month.
[9.] LA-based Marie Hindkær Andersen’s personal style, as shown on her blog Blame It On Fashion, really shows off her Scandinavian roots. I love the fresh prints, clean lines, and gorgeous colors that she’s able to work into her outfits. She also has a envy-inducing collection of accessories, from jewelry and handbags, to shoes and belts.
[10.] Andy from Style Scrapbook is a Mexican-born fashion lover and stylist who has moved to Amsterdam and is documenting her fashion choices, videos, adventures, and one-of-a-kind experiences. Her looks are bold, accessible, and real. She reminds me of the cooler big sister that you always looked up to and tried to emulate.
Thank you again to Style Connect AU for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award, I’m excited to have had a chance to give you guys some new blogs to check out, enjoy! 🙂
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award « Moi Contre La Vie