Friday Links – Mother’s Day Lovin’
Anyone procrastinating on getting Mother’s Day gifts, sending cards, or planning an outing to celebrate the mother(s) in your life? If you’re in that
slowly sinking boat, here are some links to websites, blogs, and stores to get you started and give you a little inspiration to start preparing for the big day.
- Jungi Style’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide – From fabulous kitchen gadgets to beautiful scarves, there are some great and stylish options here.
- FabSugar’s 50 Sure-to-Please-Mom Finds – All Under $50
- Huffington Post’s Mother’s Day Gifts: A Small-Business Gift Guide – This is a great way to support small, local businesses, and what Mom wouldn’t want you to do that?
- FitSugar’s Celebrate Moms With These Fit and Healthy Gifts – If your Mom is active, or wants to be, this is a great list for you to check out.
- Rachel Ray Magazine’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Are you a traditionalist when it comes to Mother’s Day? I’m a big fan of sending flowers when I don’t get to see my mother on her birthday or Mother’s Day. What girl doesn’t LOVE to have a huge bouquet delivered?
- Mother’s Day Flowers 2012: A Buyer’s Guide For The Florally Challenged
- Inexpensive Mother’s Day gifts
Planning to make your mom a meal? A fun family brunch is a great way to enjoy the day so if that’s what you’re thinking, check out some ideas and recipes below:
- Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Brunch Recipes for Mother’s Day from Women’s Health
- Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge from OhSheGlows
- Martha Stewart’s Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus
- Kid-friendly Mother’s Day Recipes from Family Fun
- Rachel Wilkerson’s Rise And Dine: Artichoke Strata
- Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes from Kath Eats Real Food or Blueberry Vanilla Bean Pancakes w/ Blueberry Glaze from OhSheGlows
Wondering what I did for Mother’s Day? I was lucky enough to see my Mother last week so I was able to celebrate her birthday, which was in April, and an early Mother’s Day simultaneously. Her Mother’s Day gift ended up being a pretty, drapped front cardigan, perfect to throw over any outfit (she’s always cold). I’d originally gotten her a box of Godiva truffles but for some reason they didn’t survive in my apartment… Gnomes?
Have a great Friday night!
This entry was posted on May 11, 2012 by Moi Contre Le Vie. It was filed under Fashion, Fitness, Food and was tagged with All You, Angela Liddon, Artichoke Strata, Banana Republic, Blueberry Glaze, Blueberry Vanilla Bean Pancakes, brunch recipes, cards, cheap flowers, Children's recipes, cookbooks, dish towels, Disney, Fabsugar, family cooking, Family Fun, FitSugar, flowers, gifts, gluten-free pancakes, gluten-free recipes, Godiva truffles, healthy brunch, healthy recipes, Huffington Post, inexpensive flowers, Jungi Style, Kath Eats Real Food, knives, Martha Stewart, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Gift Guide, Mother's Day Menus, OhSheGlows, Rachel Ray Magazine, Rachel Wilkerson, Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge, sending flowers, set of knives, support local businesses on mother's day, The Life & Lessons of Rachel Wilkerson, vegan pancakes, Vegan recipes, veganism, vegetarian brunch, Vegetarian recipes, Whole Wheat Pancakes, Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes, William Sonoma, Women's Health, X-Men Cookie Cutters.
Leave a Reply