ShoeMint, JustFab & JewelMint: Subscription Shopping Sites
An interesting recent trend are subscription shopping websites where you pay a monthly recurring fee that goes towards the cost of the pieces you select. You answer a handful of questions about your personal style and each month you receive a curated selection of pieces chosen to suit your personal style.
Over the last few years I’ve tried a few of these services and today I’m going to share my thoughts so that you can make the best choice for your needs! 🙂
- Cost: $79.98 a month
- Selection: Seriously cute selection of shoes & accessories – Though fewer bags than shoes. Narrowing down my choice was the hardest party, luckily they list the heel height so once I realized that I was looking at shoes I couldn’t walk in for more than 3 minutes I moved on.
- Overall Impression: This site provides as a well curated collection of pieces that not only updates frequently but stays on top of fashion trends.
- Cost: $39.95 a month
- Selection: The site is pretty large and includes clothing, shoes, handbags, and jewelry. While some of the pieces didn’t really strike my fancy (shoes too high, not enough material…), I’ve had great success with the items that I’ve ordered.
- Overall Impression: You’ll have to hunt through the website but you’ll likely find something you’ll love. The heels that I ordered I got more compliments than any other pair of shoes in my closet ever have! 🙂
I got a chance to meet the ladies of JustFab while I was in Los Angeles for Lucky FABB in April so I got a chance to see the pieces in person which was great. I also got a chance to see these lovely heels in person and fell in love!
- Cost: $29.95 a month
- Selection: JewelMint has a great, great selection – Not only do you get a specialized collection based on your personal taste and purchase history, but you can also shop boutique collections, sales & other pieces available on the site.
- Overall Impression: I’ve actually been a client of JewelMint since 2011 and I can’t recommend it highly enough. I love vintage jewelry so in general my style tends to be classic and timeless, I love gold, statement pieces, and layering bracelets – And JewelMint has never disappointed.
Have you tried any of these services or any other similar ones? If you haven’t, would you try one?