Links You’ll Love
There’s a new “It” beauty blog in town brought to us by the fashionable French “It” girls the Courtin-Clarins. So if you’re in the mood for some tips, ideas, and/or product reviews head over to Beauty Flash Blog for more!
Project time! Want to create your own chic sunglasses rack? Frassy Life has you covered with this fun and oh-so-easy version that you can do with simple things you’ve probably already got on hand.
Rachel Zoe’s jewelry line is full of fun, funky, retro-inspired pieces that can work with just about any look or destination. Don’t believe me? The stylist put together some killer looks for her pieces just to prove it – Day, Night & Workwear.
Sometimes a fashionista’s gotta do what a fashionista’s gotta do! Essential Indulgences for Fashion Bloggers – What are your indulgences and must haves?
I love discovering designers or an exciting new esthetic that suits my personal style to perfection. And with Fashion
Week Month just starting, now’s the time to keep your eyes peeled! Check out The Ones To Watch from Harper’s Bazaar or Olivia Palermo’s Lines We Love: Chinti and Parker or Lines We Love: Anndra Neen.
If you’re starting to think about your Fall 2012 wardrobe why not get some recommendations from the fashionable editors over at Harper’s Bazaar? Smart Shopoing – Cheap Designer Clothes & Accessories.
Health & Fitness:
You know me, I’m a smoothie girl through and through. So was I ever excited when I heard that it was recently International Green Smoothie Day! PARADE! TICKER TAPE! Top 10 Green Smoothie Recipes: International Green Smoothie Day.
Desserts can be healthy. Or, just not as bad. So why not try something new and exciting like Persian Ice Cream, Sweet Strawberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce, or – Go Cuckoo For Coconut Milk Ice Cream.
Snacking is a crucial part of my daily life. Making sure that my blood sugar doesn’t drop so I don’t end up cranky OR binging and falling into a food coma is important. Need some fun new ideas to shake things up? The Hungry Hungry Hippie has you covered – Vegetarian Snack Ideas.
I love going to the farmer’s market but we all know the tragedy of fruits & veggies going bad before we get the chance to use them. Well, it turns out there are some tricks of the trade to help keep your Farmer’s Market fare from turning too quickly! 13 Tricks and Tips For Keeping Produce Fresh Longer.
Getting in shape isn’t just about hitting the gym and getting enough walking in, it’s about how you’re fueling your body. Afterall, you can’t out exercise a bad diet. Don’t believe me? Take it from Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser – Why Nutrition Is Number One For Weight Loss.
Best of 2011
As I was doing my daily blog reading this morning I stumbled upon quite a few 2011 recap & “best of” type of posts. I found that they were really fun to read because it let me get the author’s opinion on things I may have missed over the course of the last year – which was especially fun when it came to the blogs that I only recently discovered.
So in that spirit I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites from 2011:
- Best Red Carpet Style – Zoe Saldana & Diane Kruger. Sorry, can’t narrow it down further, it goes against nature to pick between these two.
- Favorite Newcomer – Amber Heard & Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. They share a certain poise and both favor glamorous, ladylike gowns on the red carpet, which I love. (And I am not at all upset or jealous that Rosie is dating Jason Statham. I swear.)
- Go-to Fashion Blog – I hate to narrow this down to a single site since I’ve discovered some really great ones this year, but I’d have to say that the most entertaining one I read is Tom & Lorenzo: Fabulous & Opinionated. I’ve had to outlaw it at work because I can’t stop laughing at their commentary.
- Best Trend – Bright, minimalist Calvin Klein gowns
- Favorite Collaboration – Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s Impulse
- Favorite Blog – The Fitnessista is a great website with motivating posts & booty busting workouts, I’ve cited it a lot in my Gym Goddess series.
- Favorite Apparatus – Medicine balls! There are an endless number of great workouts that you can do to emphasize different muscle groups and you can even do them with limited space which is great if you don’t want an expensive gym membership or if you travel a lot.
- Best New Workout You Tried – I’m going to have to go with CrossFit. My boyfriend is an instructor so with some not-so-gentle urging I gave CrossFit a try, and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. If you haven’t taken an intro class I highly recommend it. It can be intimidating at first, but it’s challenging, intense and a great atmosphere if you’re competitive and like to push yourself.
- Best Magazine – I adore Women’s Health. They have creative ideas for workouts, pick great, inspirational women to feature and I love the fun little facts & cute workout gear they include every month.
- Favorite Recipe – Vegan Mac n’ Cheese made from butternut squash & ANY of Evan’s desserts over at The Wannabe Chef. Seriously, check out his site, he has any type of recipe you could want – vegan, paleo, gluten-free…
- Best New Ingredient – 2011 was the year of coconut milk! Not only is it high in phosphorus, potassium and iron, its delicious in everything from smoothies to veggies to curries. Yum. (Yes Sean, you were right)
- New Find – Lollihop (which I promise you a full post on in the next week or so!)
- Favorite Blog – Hungry Hungry Hippie & Oh She Glows
- Best Books – I can’t pick just one! The Kind Diet, Peas & Thank You, I Am Grateful and Clean were some of the bests though.
What are you favorite new finds of 2011?
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for more new and exciting in 2012! 🙂